Saturday, May 21, 2011

Journey

As hard as life may seem at times, I would not change anything if I could. I feel so grateful to have the opportunities that have been presented to me. Life is such a gift that it is a waste to dwell on the fear, the un-happy, and the negative. People are unpredictable and beautiful. They always will be. It is just one of the wonders of being human. 
The universe is such a beautiful and indescribable thing. Even science cannot decipher her secrets. Everything around us has it’s own soul, it’s own breath, and it’s own life force. I can only hope that people stop their busy lives to appreciate and thank the things around us. Thank the trees for the air they give, thank the sun for her warmth, thank the rain for the water, and thank the sky for showing us how expansive the universe is. It is humbling to glance into the clouds or stars and realize how small we are. 
A wonderful friend told me something quite wonderful recently. She said, “Everyone falls apart, and yet everyone finds a better and stronger resolve in themselves if they have an expansive nature.” Sometimes moods, opinions, and ideas can be switched or resolved simply from the help of a kind soul. Hearing things such as that gives me a purpose. I am not sure if she knows that what she said has had such a significant effect on me. I should tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment