Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home Sick

I am feeling quite home-sick today. I just looked through hundreds of photos that my best friend and I took all through out the year of 2007-2008 and it made being here a bit more difficult. I am very glad I am here, the experience has been amazing so far despite all of the rough patches (AKA 90% of this trip). That aside, I miss her so much. I miss our adventures, laughing until we cry, and going to bed at 9:30 every night because we were that lame. I miss stealing plastic flamingoes from people's yards, jacking orange cones from construction sites, and not shutting the hood on John's suburban so when we started to drive off it flew up and scared us half to death. It's hard knowing that time of complete innocence isn't available anymore.
I cannot wait to see her again. It's so difficult knowing and accepting that the days of simply being a care free teenager is gone as well. The responsibility we have now will only continue to grow with age. I miss all of my close friends and I miss being able to see them every day.
Cambridge is nice but not half as nice as Canterbury. We leave for Edinburgh on Tuesday!
I think we are going to come home in half the time that we thought we would. September is so far away and to be completely honest neither of us can afford to stay. Even the hostels add up due to the exchange rate. So we are just going to live it up while we are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment